Have you ever wondered why infographics are so popular?
In the last few years, infographics have become one of the most widely used forms of content marketing. No matter the industry, businesses spanning from health and fitness categories to software and technology love to create them to communicate their marketing messages.
But, again, why? Why have infographics become such a marketing phenomenon?
As it turns out, our brains are wired to loveinfographics because they’re wired to love visual content.
In fact, according to today’s featured infographic from the visual communication agency Column Five, humans are biologically wired to process the world visually, which is why making content more visual increases its impact and efficacy.
Here are few highlights from Column Five’s infographic:
• Your brain takes 1/4 of a second to process visual cues.
• The average consumer attention span is 8 seconds.
• Color images capture more of a person’s attention span than black and white images.
• Our brains are pre-wired to automatically interpret relationships between objects, allowing for almost instant comprehension with minimal effort.
• The brain interprets visuals faster than it can process the language associated with them.
Has your business ever invested in creating an infographic? If so, share with us your stories and comments below.