Tuesday 23 September 2014

5 Shortcuts for Increasing Email Conversion Rate in Record Time

Do you know that building an email list is an important step towards your success?
But you don’t have enough time to put everything together, do you?
If that’s you, then I have some tips that will help.
These tips helped me increase my email conversion rate and I am positive that they will also help you.
First, what I learned recently about managing my time and getting things done is the importance of planning my activities.
You may be planning your activities, but just like me, you’re probably not always sticking with the plan.
So my advice, before getting started, is to block time on your calendar for each of these activities. Now, let’s see what you can do to increase your email conversion rates.

1. Offer an Incentive to Signup

Most of us are adding a signup form in the sidebar and ask people to subscribe for updates, but is that good enough?
I’ve compared my newly launched website – WP Backpack with this one and I’ve come to the conclusion that “subscribe for updates” it’s not a good enough incentive for people to signup.
Even if the launch article got some really good traffic from my existing list and social media, my signup rate was really low.
Why?
Because it doesn’t have a good incentive to convince people to signup.
On the other hand, on EugenOprea.com, you get my Free Google Analytics course when you signup for updates.
This has been working really well for me, so I keep sending traffic to this landing page.
That is why the next action point on my to do list for WP Backpack is to add a small course for my subscribers.
I am also more inclined to create a course, and deliver it though an auto-responder, than to write an eBook.
This is more effective because, with an eBook, people will get it and unsubscribe or even worse, get it and forget about it.
But with a course, readers will have a consistent reminder of you, and they will become used to clicking the links in your emails and coming to your site. Doing this will, hopefully, help them take action and follow the advice from your course.
A course will also be easier to get done.
With an eBook you will need to write and design it before being able to offer it to your subscribers, but with a course, you can build one lesson at a time.
One lesson per week is a really good starting point and you can also setup your auto-responder to deliver your lessons every week.
So don’t make your job harder by trying to finish it in one go.
Instead, block time each week to write a new lesson and send it to your subscribers once it’s ready.
Shortcut: Start an auto-responder and offer a free course for your subscribers or offer a freebie to incentivize visitors to signup for your newsletter.

2. Place your Signup Forms Strategically

This year I redesigned EugenOpea.com after 6 month of research.
I’ve put into the new design everything that I learned about increasing visitor loyalty and conversion rates.
And one of the things I’ve been focusing is the signup form, or better signup forms.
If you browse the website you will notice that I placed them in strategic locations:
  • on the home page
  • in the sidebar
  • in the footer
  • on the landing page for my course
  • in an Email Cloud Box
Now, let me tell you a bit about each of them and why you should use them, too.
On the Home Page
For most of us, the home page is the most visited page on the website, so it’s really important to make a good impression for new visitors.
That is why I’ve chosen to first share some content with them, so they can see that I am knowledgeable and genuinely provide value.
Only after that I add the signup box, with the benefits of signing up, and a link to the landing page of my Google Analytics course, which contains more details about it.
So my advice for you is to first show your visitor valuable content and then present a reason to signup.
In the Sidebar
Every site has a signup box in the sidebar and you can, just as I did, add it to make it easier for people to signup.
But make sure that you also include a strong incentive for your visitors to take action.
In the footer
I am one of those people who, when I research something, I check every pixel of that website.
For this reason I decided to add a signup form in the footer, so those like me, who reach the end of the page, get a reminder that I want to share more content with them.
On the landing page
Landing pages are a great way to convert visitors into subscribers and this is the main reason why I’ve built a page specifically for my course.
I would recommend you to do the same and if you have more benefits for your readers, create a landing page where you can tell them more about those benefits.
You can use Premise to build really good looking landing pages, so you don’t have any excuse to not do it.
In a Email Cloud Box
Now, you’ve gotten to the most interesting part.
After doing some tests and checking heatmaps for my website with CrazyEgg, I’ve come to the conclusion that my visitors’ attention is not on the signup box from the sidebar.
Visitors are immediately scrolling to the next screen once they get on a page/article.
This is the reason why I added, what I call a Email Cloud Box, which moves with the visitor as she scrolls down.
I will show how to add it in a future article.
Additionally, you should also add a signup box below your posts, so once a visitor reads one of your articles, they can choose to signup for your newsletter.
But, please be aware that not every box works for everyone and if you add signup boxes all over your site, they will not be effective anymore.
If you would like to get started faster with creating signup boxes, have a look at Elevatr, my premium WordPress plugin. It can help you easily create signup forms and webinar landing pages so that you can increase leads through email marketing and webinars.
Shortcut: Take your time to think where you should add your signup boxes, do some tests and implement them. And definitely useElevatr for your forms.

3. Ask for the Signup

A lot of people don’t know or try this, but asking for the signup has so much power.
When you close an article, when you share it on social media or when you talk about your website, ask people to signup for your newsletter.
Do it in a nice manner and also tell them the advantages. Tell them what’s in it for them.
More than this, ask them to share your newsletter with their friends and colleagues, or with their audience if they have an established business.
You will be amazed how many people will come to help you if you ask them.
But, you will have to also return them the favor.
And be genuine about it. This is very important.
Shortcut: Here’s what you should do right now: go in your favorite Facebook group, favorite forum and on the social media outlet where you have the most followers, and ask people to signup for your newsletter.

4. Start Guest Posting

Everyone sees this as a really hard task to do, but as long as you master your topic and put everything you know in writing the article, you can’t fail.
Yes, it can take months until it gets published and you may work hours to write it, but it’s worth it.
I got my first 1,000 subscribers from 3 guest posts I did at the beginning of the year and guest posting is always on my to do list.
You know that you can’t always increase conversion rates without increasing traffic, so guest posting, just like SEO, can help you drive more traffic to your website and gain more subscribers.
But here’ what I would recommend you to do to make sure you have success:
  • brainstorm 3-5 post ideas and choose a website were you want to submit your post
  • contact the website owner and present your ideas
  • if one of them gets approved, start writing it
  • send the traffic to a landing page that has a signup form and an incentive to signup
Additionally, when writing the article, make sure that you include your best tips, but think that you are writing it for your own blog.
Don’t get hung up in making it perfect, because there is no such thing as perfect.
Shortcut: Block some time and start brainstorming ideas for yourguest post. Then send your pitch and once it gets approved, write the articles. Most of the time, it is as simple as that.

5. Improve your SEO

Just like guest posting, you may think that SEO is fairly difficult, but it’s not.
All you have to do is build awesome content that people love and share.
Essentially, you will need to make sure that you write for people and not search engines.
I am saying this because search engines try to emulate human behavior when deciding what website is best for their search results.
So, put your best into writing great content and a really good headlines.
Then you can add a good description for your article to show in the search results page, get some links from friends and through guest posting and write more good content. :)
Plus, for additional peace of mind, I would strongly recommend you use Scribe, which is a fantastic piece of software that can help you better optimize your content.

To view the original article Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment